parts for 1975 xs500B

codeboy262
This post is 5583 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am new to this, so please bear with me.

I have a 1975 yamaha, XS500B, that I purchased new. It has been sitting for about the last 10 years. It ran when I parked it so I suspect with a fluid change, battery and clean up of the carbs, it should run.

Here is my problem... I will be needing some parts for this bike. I just bought another bike or the same year and model on ebay as a donor bike. It is really too nice to take apart and runs well. I can get some of the parts I need from this bike but still need some other. My biggest needs are an exhaust system and the trim pieces for the left side cover.

Anyone have suggestions as to where I could start looking for parts? Any help I can get will be greatly appreciate.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I am new to this, so please bear with me.

I have a 1975 yamaha, XS500B, that I purchased new. It has been sitting for about the last 10 years. It ran when I parked it so I suspect with a fluid change, battery and clean up of the carbs, it should run.

Here is my problem... I will be needing some parts for this bike. I just bought another bike or the same year and model on ebay as a donor bike. It is really too nice to take apart and runs well. I can get some of the parts I need from this bike but still need some other. My biggest needs are an exhaust system and the trim pieces for the left side cover.

Anyone have suggestions as to where I could start looking for parts? Any help I can get will be greatly appreciate.

Thanks

you may be able to fit up some of the mikesxs.com exhaust to yours, not sure... perhaps have your old ones re-chromed?

as for the side covers - good luck finding one for under $100. they are not cheap.

I have the same bike.

Pictures?

you may be able to fit up some of the mikesxs.com exhaust to yours, not sure... perhaps have your old ones re-chromed?

as for the side covers - good luck finding one for under $100. they are not cheap.

I have the same bike.

Pictures?

I don't have pictures yet. It is in very good condition, just sat for the last decade. In order to make this bike like new, I just need the top trim piece from the left side cover and original exhaust pipes.

The "donor bike " I just bought for #620 is in real good shape. Pipes are starting to rust out and missing the same trim piece.

I'll try the mike's site you mentioned.

What shape is yours in?

I don't have pictures yet. It is in very good condition, just sat for the last decade. In order to make this bike like new, I just need the top trim piece from the left side cover and original exhaust pipes.

The "donor bike " I just bought for #620 is in real good shape. Pipes are starting to rust out and missing the same trim piece.

I'll try the mike's site you mentioned.

What shape is yours in?

engine is relatively solid (i think i hear a slight rattle on the left side at idle though - maybe cam chain tensioner starting to go?)

im having a used tank with no dents chem-dipped to remove the rust/old paint and am going to have it painted by a friend. im also missing that trim piece on the left hand side cover, and the top one needs to be re-painted.

its my first bike, and i love it... its too bad that its so hard to find parts though.

I have seen some of those trim pieces on ebay. make sure you click "worldwide" because a lot of the parts seem to be located in germany.

Here is a pic of mine as it looks now.

I also want to try to find an original seat that wont cost me $200...

IMG_1072.jpg

• 7 months later...

Did you have any luck finding any more parts for that bike? I recently saw the left side cover lower trim piece listed on ebay, but I don't need that one. any ideas on a front fender?

I'll have some pictures of both of mine when the snow melts here in Wisconsin.

Let me know.

engine is relatively solid (i think i hear a slight rattle on the left side at idle though - maybe cam chain tensioner starting to go?)

im having a used tank with no dents chem-dipped to remove the rust/old paint and am going to have it painted by a friend. im also missing that trim piece on the left hand side cover, and the top one needs to be re-painted.

its my first bike, and i love it... its too bad that its so hard to find parts though.

I have seen some of those trim pieces on ebay. make sure you click "worldwide" because a lot of the parts seem to be located in germany.

Here is a pic of mine as it looks now.

I also want to try to find an original seat that wont cost me $200...

IMG_1072.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online