r6 02 not firing on 1

monkeyboyr6
This post is 5863 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

have just started my race bike after doing engine rebuild.

only firing on 3. have tried plug swap and coil swap, these have been eliminated as a fault

if i pull plug cap off while engine is running it has no effect on idle or running but other 3 cylinders will

stall the engine if i try this.

when i pull plag cap off 1 it arcs everywhere and gives me a belt ! other 3 don't do this.

bike had been standing since autumn before rebuild. gave battery bit of a charge. do they need a certain voltage

to run the ignition system properly ? i think it's 12.8v but surely this would affect all cylinders.

like i say have tried plugs and coils and these are fine

i am puzzled, any help greatly appreciated.

p.s bike runs on total loss, no charging circuit

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

have just started my race bike after doing engine rebuild.

only firing on 3. have tried plug swap and coil swap, these have been eliminated as a fault

if i pull plug cap off while engine is running it has no effect on idle or running but other 3 cylinders will

stall the engine if i try this.

when i pull plag cap off 1 it arcs everywhere and gives me a belt ! other 3 don't do this.

bike had been standing since autumn before rebuild. gave battery bit of a charge. do they need a certain voltage

to run the ignition system properly ? i think it's 12.8v but surely this would affect all cylinders.

like i say have tried plugs and coils and these are fine

i am puzzled, any help greatly appreciated.

p.s bike runs on total loss, no charging circuit

Try removing a spark plug, pluging it into the coil, put it on the cylinder(make sure spark plug it touching the cylinder) and run the engine. If you see a spark, your ignition system is fine(assume that timing is good, because other cylinders are working). Have you checked a cylinder compression?

is plug in number one wet or dry? if dry you have no fuel, if wet then no spark or no compression, sounds to me you have no compression, take out plug and do a compression check,,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online