On going issue & lack of support with Yamaha-Canada

carterx
This post is 5844 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

As the title says, I have had a rather hard time dealing with Yamaha-Canada support concerning an issue with my 2005 Yamaha R1 that has been on going for close to three years. I have been patient with Yamaha-Canada too long and have done everything I can to solve this issue without going completely public.

If any comments or questions, please feel free to post on the site or here in the forum.

Thank you everyone !!

Please visit my website for more info:

www.YamahaR1.ca

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm beginning to wonder which side of the border Yamaha support is on. Sounds like your dealing with the same do-nothings from your southern neighbor. I haven't been able to get them to do anything in the U.S. either. I like the bike, but Yamaha support bites.

I'm beginning to wonder which side of the border Yamaha support is on. Sounds like your dealing with the same do-nothings from your southern neighbor. I haven't been able to get them to do anything in the U.S. either. I like the bike, but Yamaha support bites.

Same as you, I love my R1, it was the bike I always wanted, but didn't realize that this would come with the bike.

im sure you already know this but code 51 is relating to the imobiliser, the ecu is not recieving a signal from the key..do you still have the red master key? this will over ride the system.have you had the ignition barrel replaced with the arial ?

im sure you already know this but code 51 is relating to the imobiliser, the ecu is not recieving a signal from the key..do you still have the red master key? this will over ride the system.have you had the ignition barrel replaced with the arial ?

Ya, the ignition barrel was replaced. Each time they replaced either the keys, ignition, or the ecu, they have to replace all three at the same time as they will only work with each other. At least that's what I gather from Yamaha.

do you have anything magnetic on your keyring? or live near a radio mast etc? all these can disturb the imobiliser system and confuse

it.