RXS100 indicators

streaky100
This post is 5668 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have an 88 RXS100 with a 6v battery.

everything worked fine, then i took the oil tank out to give it a clean and when it was all put back together again the indicators wont work.

is it just crappy electrics or are there any wires assosiated with the indicators running near the oil tank that i could have caught or damaged while working???

all other lights, horn and instruments work fine!!!!

HELP

• 5 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i have an 88 RXS100 with a 6v battery.

everything worked fine, then i took the oil tank out to give it a clean and when it was all put back together again the indicators wont work.

is it just crappy electrics or are there any wires assosiated with the indicators running near the oil tank that i could have caught or damaged while working???

all other lights, horn and instruments work fine!!!!

HELP

check the flasher reley i have bought a new one for mine and works so much better if not the wires need a check which i had to do to mine found loads of diy wireing done that needed to be done properly the wires on thease rxs100 aint much good so u will need to check and use decent connecters if u find problems

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for bringing up an old post - did you get it sorted out?

The indicator wires run along the middle of the frame, you may have pulled the connectors out?

Remove the seat (two nuts at the back) and slide it backwards (away from the tank)... Now you should see a green and brown wire coming from the back, thats the wires...

Also, if its all conected, check to see if the indicators are getting power... If not, it could be the flasher which is under the top yoke (situated just under the tank)... Its a 2 pin 6v flasher.