xs360 stumble?

joe4g63
This post is 5867 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello me again, well after a engine rebuild over the winter due to a stretched timing chain and a broken piston ring, I am back at playing with the bike. Well the thing runs pretty good but still has a little bit of an issue with the fuel I believe. I took the carbs apart before installing them back on the bike and found that one of the pilot jets was kind a plugged so I cleaned it out good. After riding the bike around I noticed that it likes to stumble a little bit off of a stop. It idles great, it pulls hard at WOT, but it just has a stumble between the two. So when the bike was idling I played with the L carb pilot screw and it changed how the bike was idling, but when I messed with the R one the bike did not respond. I do know that the pilot screw on the R carb is bent up some at the tip, but I can not find new screws. So I am wondering if I could get a xs 400 carb and throw that on there, maybe changing the jets between the two carbs. If not, where could I get some new screws at? I have been watching ebay religiously and really never see 360 carbs on there, and when I do they are usually missing these screws. By the way the bike is a 77 xs360

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello Joe4,, You might try www.metricpartsdirect.com They were previously Yamaha Parts Direct, but Yamaha didn't like that so they changed their handle. They have a very good parts listing for the XS360. I had bought several items from them trying to get my XS3602D back to original. Thanks to all the great people on this forum !!..

Hope this helps..Harv.. p.s. postage is a bummer nowdays..

Thanks Harv, I looked on the site and found the part I need, but they do not show the item number below the picture. Every where else I have looked has said the part is discontinued. Thanks again though.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online