MOT failure

Mond
This post is 5846 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, Bought a 1997 P.reg thundercat a fortnight ago for a good price, replaced the front pipes and front tyre and put it in for a MOT

Sadly it failed on stiff rear suspension, needs to have 4 inches of movement?? Also a leaky front caliper which i think just needs a seal kit

The thing that is boiling my blood is the stiff suspension, is this a common thundercat fault or do they just seize up

I think the bike has stood for a yr or 2, apart from these problems I'm very happy with the CAT

Some advice would be most helpful

Cheers

Help me please, with a cherry on top :mellow:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, Bought a 1997 P.reg thundercat a fortnight ago for a good price, replaced the front pipes and front tyre and put it in for a MOT

Sadly it failed on stiff rear suspension, needs to have 4 inches of movement?? Also a leaky front caliper which i think just needs a seal kit

The thing that is boiling my blood is the stiff suspension, is this a common thundercat fault or do they just seize up

I think the bike has stood for a yr or 2, apart from these problems I'm very happy with the CAT

Some advice would be most helpful

Cheers

Help me please, with a cherry on top :mellow:

Most shocks are adjustable isn't yours ? Failing that take it for a blast around sheffield, with all the pot holes here it should soon loosen it. ;)

hi , sounds to me your suspension linkage has seized, the bearings are all dry and have become solid, this is fairly common , you need to strip the shock linkages out clean them and grease them up and re fit, the shocks also loose their rebound damping due to loss of oil.its possible the the bearings may need replacing if in bad condition.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online