My New 650 DragStar - VERY LOUD - too loud????

kniller
This post is 5791 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Even the paint styles are different over there. Looks good. I don't know what side of the pond your pipes came from, but they are readily available here. It sounds like they took the baffles out when they put the pipes on. If it's open all the way to the bend, then its sans-baffles. Besides quieting the noise down a bit they also provide some back pressure. It's probably the only reason I haven't gone with the Speedstar pipes on my 1300. The factory reps told me I would loose some torque from the loss of back pressure and the heads would scorch in the long run. They're for racing, not running down the highway for hundreds of miles. Maybe that's why Harley's are always broke down on the side of the road over here! The saying "loud pipes save lives" is popular over here too, but I've seen a lot of loud bikes get hit by cars that "didn't see him." For the sake of your hearing (you can't replace that) I would strongly recommend baffling your pipes. They will still sound good, but not so loud.

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

HAHAHA :lol::lol: Turns out they are already baffled!! MUPPIIIIIITTTTT!!! :blink::blink:

I know for a fact the bike is loud and that it's not just me as I get ssooooo many comments about the noise. What the hell does it sound like without the baffles!!!!!!! I've got to try it one day!

Check out this Dragstar

http://www.motorbike-search-engine.co.uk/Custom/XVS650.jpg

Very Cool Indeedy

HAHAHA :lol::lol: Turns out they are already baffled!! MUPPIIIIIITTTTT!!! :blink::blink:

I know for a fact the bike is loud and that it's not just me as I get ssooooo many comments about the noise. What the hell does it sound like without the baffles!!!!!!! I've got to try it one day!

Check out this Dragstar

http://www.motorbike-search-engine.co.uk/Custom/XVS650.jpg

Very Cool Indeedy

Hey what a fantastic bike. Why are all the best Dragstars Welsh?

Take care

Paul

(Peed off after having been stopped and booked 30 minutes ago for an illegal number plate-black and white!!)

How much are you thinking of for the windshield, (if you still have it)?

Hi Mate

Let me know if you are still interested in the Windshield. PM me if you are

Cheers

Paul

Why are all the best Dragstars Welsh?

Haha all the best things come from Wales!!!!

(Peed off after having been stopped and booked 30 minutes ago for an illegal number plate-black and white!!)

AAAARRRGGGHHHHHHH This makes me so fucking angry!!!!!!! having a black and white number plate is sssooooo dangerous eh!?! While some jargon spouting prick was giving you that ticket some low life scum of the earth was probably stabbing some poor kid to death cos he wouldn't give up his lunch money! and there wouldn't be a copper in sight to stop that. Seriously! if you saw half as many police walking the streets as as you do pestering motorists then we'd be in a far better state. I was driving through christchurch the other day in a 30 limit when some moron in his psychedelic spaz wagon overtook me doing AT LEAST 40!! only to stop at flaming tesco!!! I pulled over to see what he was doing and he was buying his sodding lunch!! AAAGGGGGHHHHHH I was so angry I almost started knawing at the steering wheel!

• 1 month later...

Haha all the best things come from Wales!!!!

AAAARRRGGGHHHHHHH This makes me so fucking angry!!!!!!! having a black and white number plate is sssooooo dangerous eh!?! While some jargon spouting prick was giving you that ticket some low life scum of the earth was probably stabbing some poor kid to death cos he wouldn't give up his lunch money! and there wouldn't be a copper in sight to stop that. Seriously! if you saw half as many police walking the streets as as you do pestering motorists then we'd be in a far better state. I was driving through christchurch the other day in a 30 limit when some moron in his psychedelic spaz wagon overtook me doing AT LEAST 40!! only to stop at flaming tesco!!! I pulled over to see what he was doing and he was buying his sodding lunch!! AAAGGGGGHHHHHH I was so angry I almost started knawing at the steering wheel!

Loud pipes save lives honey

Get yourself some top quality ear plugs - and i dont mean the cheapy ones - try the moulded ones- they will do the job for ya.

I totally agree that loud pipes save lives, and whats more they make the road a much nicer place to be! I've just fitted the most beautifull megaphones, they sound GREAT, my bike rumbles, she vibrates, not too much too be uncomfortable, just enough to be the best seat I've ever sat on, an I love when the pipes pop! They cost me 80euro's, about £50 and they are top quality chrome and finish. No more getting cut up cos they hear my fella's Harley but not my Dragstar, and the icing on the cake, I can set off alarms (ok admittedly it's only scooters, not Range Rovers like my fella, but I've wanted so much to be able to do that!) And we're so much more sexy, even the police SMILE and nod at me . Yeah ok this is France, not the UK, and even so I'll probably get a ticket eventually, but I'd sooner pay that than medical bills cos some blind idiot didn't look, and couldn't hear me coming! As for needing ear plugs- are you crazy? I bought the most beautiful Bell Skullz A Poppin Half helmet just to be able to hear her even better ( and so my man could have his outlaw helmet back lol)

Seriously, I was planning to keep her a couple of years whilst I saved up for a Street Custom Dyna, but now I'm just gonna spend the money on paint, new wheels (I hate cleaning spokes) and and a couple of other bit's and bats. Dragstar rocks and this is one chick who's just fallen totally and irrevocably head over heals in love!

I took mine out for a looooong run in the sunshine last night - first time after putting new pipes on her - fook me she is LOUUUUUUD!

I revved her up outside the house last night and the neighbours house alarm went off - i like to think it was the pipes :lol:

I definitely need earplugs as my ears are ringing when i get off and thats not good.

Video of my bike with the new pipes on here:

LINKY LINKY

But they sound soooooo much better in the flesh so to speak!

I took mine out for a looooong run in the sunshine last night - first time after putting new pipes on her - fook me she is LOUUUUUUD!

I revved her up outside the house last night and the neighbours house alarm went off - i like to think it was the pipes :lol:

I definitely need earplugs as my ears are ringing when i get off and thats not good.

Video of my bike with the new pipes on here:

LINKY LINKY

But they sound soooooo much better in the flesh so to speak!

She's a beauty Goff.

As for my ears I'm probably half deaf anyway from singing in the band!

Looking for some alloy wheels if anyone has any ideas where to find em I'd be very gratefull

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online