after market pipes

kendrix
This post is 5915 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

ok i have a 2007 vstar custom 650. of course the stock pipes suck. i want people to be aware that i am coming so i am looking to purchase some vance and hinds short shots . i want to know if i should be re jetting or am i ok to slap them on? if anyone has tried this let me know the results please. if i do not rejet what should i be looking for for problems with out re jetting?

thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

ok i have a 2007 vstar custom 650. of course the stock pipes suck. i want people to be aware that i am coming so i am looking to purchase some vance and hinds short shots . i want to know if i should be re jetting or am i ok to slap them on? if anyone has tried this let me know the results please. if i do not rejet what should i be looking for for problems with out re jetting?

thanks in advance

I have a V Star 650 Classic and i have put aftermarket pipes on mine. They arent V & H but i guess it dont matter what they are tbh. I have a Silvertail Pro S 2 in 1 system (see pic). When i wanted to fit them i was advised by my mechanic to undo the battery, fit the exhaust, reconnect the battery, leave it for about 15 minutes and let the ECU do the work, then fire it up - bike sounds awesome and i've not had any problems with it at all. Well - cept the bloody tarnishing on the pipes, but im hopefully gonna get them chrome plated next week

I think most aftermarket pipes are prett much plug and play for the Star models, although theres lots of conflicting advice out there. Why dont you put the pipes on and see how the bike feels. If you think it needs rejetting after a couple of rides then go for it.

DSC00260.jpg

I have an '07 650 Silverado. I just purchased a set of Jardine pipes and a Kurkuyan Hypercharger. The Hypercharger came with Jet kit. I followed this Link http://www.650ccnd.com/hc.htm for the Carb Re-Jet (First time I've ever done carb work), and then I followed the Hyper-Charger instructions to the letter. I was amazed at how easy it was to do the jets, both pilot and main. The most difficult part of the entire install was getting the aluminum screws out from the float bowl covers. I ended up using a thin pair of side cutters to break them loose, then it was no problem. I replaced them with 4MM X 12MM hex cap screws. The difference in the bike is completely night and day!! I purchased the pipes and Hypecharger from two fantastic sellers on ebay. The Hypercharger came from seller "americanclassicmotors", and the pipes came from seller "mx113". I highly reccommend both. I purchased the pipes and Hypercharger for $470.00 complete with shipping. Again, the difference in the performance is fantastic.. Good Luck!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online