No fuel getting to carbs

GLittle1966
This post is 5895 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

:angry: can any body out there help me? I brought a Virago 535 last year so know very little about this bike, I got it out to clean it the other day as I am wanting to get back on the road and to rallies, I fired her up and she was running fine, then the following morning I went to go out on her but she just wouldn't fire up, she is sparking fine, theres fuel in tank but no fuel is getting to the carbs, I took the fuel pump off to see if that was the problem, I wired the pump to the bat' but even that is ok & pumps the fuel but when I wired it back up the pump wasn't working again.any help would be grateful in solving this problem

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Fuses first (cardinal rule) - do you have a wiring diagram or do you need one (as I have one I can email - PM me if you want it).

Need to check the fuel pump relay too.

With the pump in position, need to confirm the power to it (and from it to earth) - do you have a multimeter?

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

:angry: can any body out there help me? I brought a Virago 535 last year so know very little about this bike, I got it out to clean it the other day as I am wanting to get back on the road and to rallies, I fired her up and she was running fine, then the following morning I went to go out on her but she just wouldn't fire up, she is sparking fine, theres fuel in tank but no fuel is getting to the carbs, I took the fuel pump off to see if that was the problem, I wired the pump to the bat' but even that is ok & pumps the fuel but when I wired it back up the pump wasn't working again.any help would be grateful in solving this problem

Try the carb float(s) are not stuck in the up position. If it was unused for a time it may have fired up with the fuel left in carbs but fresh fuel wasnt allowed in by the stuck floats. Otherwise the carb jets may be gunged up. Good luck