just got a 98 fzs600 fazer!!

jamessmith1982
This post is 5185 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi, i just got my first big bike (fzs600). i am very pleased with it but just wondered if anyone has any tips hints on what to look for to make sure it is 100%. thanks

Welcome and well done!

1. Count the wheels and tyres, 2 is good!

OK normal pre biking checks are all that are required.

Hi James

I have the 2000 model which is my first bike. Had it 6 months now and other than the usual checks, the only thing I have had to top us is the oil. I have just had it's 20,000 mile service done and mot with no problems. I did change the spark plugs though.

So far so good with the bike. It's comfy to ride on longer rides aswell as my commute. Used it pretty much most days since I bought it in August. The only problem I have experienced is it cut out at some roundabouts after washing it but that was my fault as I let it stand overnight. I have since bought some silicone based stuff to spray round the spark plugs to keep the water out!!

Good luck and have fun.

Mark

• 1 year later...

not being funny but I'd be a bit worried if a bit of water could run by the plug threads and kill the bike. More likely to be a bit of misture in other electrics somewhere. Did you use a power wash or something with a lot of water pressure? Douse the electrics with a spot of wd40.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online