Wow, lots of newbies on the board.

Vitai Slade
This post is 5948 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello there,

Totally new to the biking world, though I have gotten my feet a bit wet. First of all, I go by the name Vitai Slade, so hello to all of you. Second, I currently own a 2001 Yamaha R6 and love it. It is my first bike and already I've had tons of fun. Now I firmly believe that there are two kinds of riders. Those that have dropped their bike, and those that WILL drop their bike. I am of the former group. Thankfully, I have learned my lesson on this used bike. No, no, I wasn't cruising at 90mph down the highway. In fact, I was sitting in a parking spot. YES, a PARKING SPOT. Though embarrassing as it might be, I tell you that I had just performed the dumbest act on the face of the earth. I forgot to put the kickstand down. >.<

Now there were times when I had ridden in the biting cold and when finally (after about 45 minutes and being COMPLETELY numb) setting my feet down, I had ALMOST dropped the bike, simply because I was too weak to hold it up after such a feat, but I'd never thought I would become a victim of such a stupid mistake. Welcome to the biking world, my broken clutch tells me. :mellow:

Oh, and here's a picture of my baby. <3

r6001iv3.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice to meet ya! Whats the handling like with that swing arm? :blink:

It handles like any other bike would, the swingarm just prevents it from raising up. I really don't notice a big difference. Though, I went to the shop with it today and was told that the swingarm is extremely dangerous. Only a couple of small small bolts holding it in. Doing a buck-30 down the highway and one of those bolts come out, it's game over. I'm probably going to have them change it back to the original state, but I'll need to buy a new chain, and from what it looks like, he's talking about $185.00 in just labor alone. x_X But still, I figure that my life is worth $185.00 + parts to fix up my bike properly.

Welcome along and i like the bike, but if it was me would put the bike back to original with the swing arm, just my presonal preference.

Think that will be the best $185 you'll spend!! :D

Welcome along and i like the bike, but if it was me would put the bike back to original with the swing arm, just my presonal preference.

Think that will be the best $185 you'll spend!! :D

*Nods* I think I will be putting it back to it's original state. But in order to fix it up completely, I'm going to have to fix that swingarm ($185 + Parts), get a new front tire (Parts + Labor), and get a new clutch or brake cord, cause apparently from the inspection they did, they are going bad (Also Parts + Labor). I also am going to need a new clutch and brake handle from where I dropped it in that parking lot (Parts + Labor), and I think that will finally be it...at least for the necessary fixes.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online