DT50R (07) Electronically De-Restrict

AliP
This post is 5912 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a Yamaha DT50R 2007, I've removed most of the Restrictions but I'm still having trouble with the electronically restricted part, when I get up to 8000RPM the engine starts choking, a friend of mine has fixed his bike (he has the same model) so I know this is possible. (Someone did it for him so he cant tell me). I'm pretty sure the unit is called a CDI.

Any ideas? Don't tell me to buy a larger bike, I'm only 15 so this is the best I can get, (Legally that is, or sort of :D ) I've changed the sprocket to get more speed out of it, but I'd still love to get rid of the electronic restriction.

While I'm at it, can someone confirm the size of jet I should use after it is De-Restricted, I was told 94-96 (switched from 80) so thats what I'm using, is it the correct size?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Já.. 94 eða 96 eru góðir jettar sko..

ég myndi bara fá einhvern til að laga cdi kubbinn fyrir þig, það er einn gaur sem kallast Bandit á nöðruspjallinu www.nodrur.tk hann hefur verið að redda cdi kubbum fyrir 2000 kall

• 3 weeks later...

Já.. 94 eða 96 eru góðir jettar sko..

ég myndi bara fá einhvern til að laga cdi kubbinn fyrir þig, það er einn gaur sem kallast Bandit á nöðruspjallinu www.nodrur.tk hann hefur verið að redda cdi kubbum fyrir 2000 kall

i have a 2007 yamaha dt50r. it has no electronic derestriction whatsoever. it revs too 10,000 smoothly.

i run a 110 main jet, and fiddle with the airscrew depending on temperature.

if you want too know how too FULLY derestrict your bike, add [email protected]

hope i can help.