Leave the 2 stroke pump or switch to premix??

Pedz
This post is 5987 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Have just spent most of my working day reading the forums....not sure my boss would be too happy but it has thrown up another question....two in one day.

I have a 1998 DTR which has a seperate bottle for the 2 stroke so i don't have to premix. I filled it up and have only been out on the bike twice doing a total of about 40 miles, if that, and used about two thirds of the bottle.

Is This Right? Am i using too much oil and if so can it be checked/adjusted etc

Thanks all

:D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

She is smokin like a good 'un yeah :blink: Smells nice though!! :lol:

How do i go about adjusting the pump, any ideas....as i said i am pretty new to this lark.

Cheers

She is smokin like a good 'un yeah :blink: Smells nice though!! :lol:

How do i go about adjusting the pump, any ideas....as i said i am pretty new to this lark.

Cheers

folow the st piping down to the engine case it should go in behind a cover. open this up and have a look. should really explain itself once youve looked. ive never worked on a dtr but all the 2t's ove worked on have setups that work along the same lines.

folow the st piping down to the engine case it should go in behind a cover. open this up and have a look. should really explain itself once youve looked. ive never worked on a dtr but all the 2t's ove worked on have setups that work along the same lines.

Thanks gav2k, i'll take a look over the next few days and let you know how i get on!

Cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online