newbie needs help

bretty
This post is 6003 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can anyone help me ? I recently passed my test and bought a 1995 fzr 600 genesis. I rode the bike for a month or so

with no problems in fact i loved it but now it has developed a slight water leak. I have removed the fairings but cant see where the leak is coming from. There is no power loss and it only seems to leak at high revs.I only noticed it when i went to take off my leathers and i had a wet patch on my left shin

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Can anyone help me ? I recently passed my test and bought a 1995 fzr 600 genesis. I rode the bike for a month or so

with no problems in fact i loved it but now it has developed a slight water leak. I have removed the fairings but cant see where the leak is coming from. There is no power loss and it only seems to leak at high revs.I only noticed it when i went to take off my leathers and i had a wet patch on my left shin

Pull the other one :lol::lol:

Ok to be serious, I think you might have a pinhole in a pipe to the rad. Start the engine and rev it until you find a trace of coolant. Make sure its dry to startwith. it might be leaking from the head or is some residual water lurking from somewhere and then blown off in the wind.

If you cannot find a leak when the bike is static, you will have to do the same thing in short runs. Before doing anything make sure the bike is fully dry.

Pull the other one :lol::lol:

Ok to be serious, I think you might have a pinhole in a pipe to the rad. Start the engine and rev it until you find a trace of coolant. Make sure its dry to startwith. it might be leaking from the head or is some residual water lurking from somewhere and then blown off in the wind.

If you cannot find a leak when the bike is static, you will have to do the same thing in short runs. Before doing anything make sure the bike is fully dry.

thanks for the leg up :lol: sorry the heads up but after a good thrashing and a closer inspection i've found that it is leaking from the head any ideas on an easy fix or is it an engine out and rebuild with new gaskets etc

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online