New Rider

IT400DRider
This post is 5919 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Im new to riding and i just bought me a 1977 IT 400D for $150 Pretty good size dirt bike but not a beginners bike. i haven't really drove it yet its kinda ehh intimidating? haha it needs a tad bit of work but it does run real good any tips for a new rider?

and if wanted i will post pics of it once i do takes pics of the bike.

Also is this bike rare? i can't seem to find any info on it anywhere. thanks again.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Only tip I can offer is take your time getting used to it.

Being as I only passed my CBT a few months ago, I'm still getting to grips with my bike and it's only a 100!

Just remember not to push too hard because you might not know how to cope with what gets thrown at you.

Most importantly, have fun! Biking is an absolute hoot and you will find the sense of community that comes with owning a bike really good.

• 2 months later...

Im new to riding and i just bought me a 1977 IT 400D for $150 Pretty good size dirt bike but not a beginners bike. i haven't really drove it yet its kinda ehh intimidating? haha it needs a tad bit of work but it does run real good any tips for a new rider?

Also is this bike rare? i can't seem to find any info on it anywhere. thanks again.

just give it a go somewhere u know and is safe like field or a farm i got a 1988 yamaha fz600 when i woz 16 i just got on and gave it a go just be careful with the throttle go slowly u will soon get used to it im 17 now still got the bike and would not trade it or get rid of it just give it a go i did and it woz my first bike i aint regreted it and i dont think u will take ur time go slow u will soon get used to it

oh heck yes! it 400 for your first bike, hold on to your ass! 150. is a steal if it runs let alone rideable, not a lot of em left in decent cond. most were raced or trail riden trashed and parked. excellent power yamy's 1st isdt type bike. ive been lookin for an it 175 myself.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online