R6 Sensible Mods

Muzz
This post is 6024 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm afraid i have a terrible affliction where i'm never satisfied with anything, however with my R6 rather than chop it in for the latest and greatest and take a hit on trade in/new price, i'm going to try a different route. Keep the bike and add some sensible mods. I've only been riding for 6 months, its a raven black '05 R6 on a 06 plate with 3000 miles and the bike is so much better than me, the power is more than enough. Next year i want to start doing track days and probably will only be riding on the road at weekends etc, what would some sensible modifications be, the bike is totally standard. I know the best mod is training for myself which i will be doing anyway, Superbike School etc. I just fancy throwing some money at it, i'm thinking carbon end can, ohlin steering damper and perhaps change the OE tyres if people think thats a good idea. Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Your going to lay it over so get some crash protection.

I've got some crash bungs, but they've been put alot lower that i would expect, the previous owner didn't want to damage the body work

good luck with the bike. Im the same way I was that way with my car now Im doing the same with my bike. I have an 08 though. You can probably get a power commander, an exhaust and maybe velocity stacks. Im just going by what I've read here on the forums. The only thing I got on mine is a scorpion can and thats it. I say keep it and do it up with some more mods.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online