YX 600 Radian

Skyelife
This post is 5919 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks:

I'm hoping to dust down my old jacket etc and get back out on 2 wheels after a spell of 9 years of not biking.

I've recently bought an old 1987 YX600 Radian as a project to work on, so that hopefully I will be able to get back out on the road by the summer.

I need a few parts and am having difficulty in locating them - if anyone can help me, i'd be most grateful - the bits that I need are:

- Front brake master cylinder

- Front brake light switch

- The Rubbers which sit between the carbs and the airbox

- Fuel Tap Seal Kit

Fingers crossed! Hope you can help.

Many thanks,

Steve.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have a look at stuff from around the same year, like xj600, fz600 or even RD350. A lot of the stuff is the same, like master cylinders and brake levers and switches. You just never know what will fit, i recently picked up a brand new motad for a Suzuki GS650 and it fit straight on to my 89 XJ600 (i was taking a chance but i could have always resold it if it didnt fit)

Hope it helps u out.

• 5 weeks later...

Not to send anyone to another forum, but....there is a great and very active Radian user group on yahoo. Derek Capito at www.moto-lab.com will be able to set you up with any parts you would need as well as great advice. He runs a shop but stocks alot of parts so call or email him. He has helped me out rebuilding my '86 Radian ALOT.

Take care,

Mike

• 2 months later...

Skyelife,

Were you ever able to locate some airbox side carb holders? I put K&N's on my YX so I don't need mine anymore and would be willing to ship them to you, YES FREE!!! I think I may be one of the few people left in the world not trying to turn a buck and I just don't need them anymore. Let me know if you want them and PM me somewhere to send them.

Beaze