Shifting the Vstar 1300

sumncguy
This post is 6035 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

These bikes must be geared real low. I have to check the owners manny ...I believe I saw a specs section.

I can cruise down a country road in 4th at 60 and the bike humms along nicely. If I try to shift up to 5th at 55 ... lugging city man .... On my Sporty, no matter what the situation, 2nd turning at stop signs or into a driveway etc etc. Here Im lugging in 2nd on slow manuver turns.

Any other 1300 rider out there have comments ?

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes. I meant tall ...

Yes Vstar1300 ... sometimes I find myself surfing gears if Im behind someone doing lets say 55 .. to low a speed for 5th but too high a speed for 4th. So I just compensate a bit with the throttle. Cornering is also been a learning experience. Lugging at 15/20 around a corner in second, downshifting to first just doesnt feel nice ...

... and who is complaining, I am making an observation and comparison. Sheez ;)

Yes Vstar1300 ... sometimes I find myself surfing gears if Im behind someone doing lets say 55 .. to low a speed for 5th but too high a speed for 4th. So I just compensate a bit with the throttle. Cornering is also been a learning experience. Lugging at 15/20 around a corner in second, downshifting to first just doesnt feel nice ...

What your effectively saying is that the normal gearing does not suit the torque curve. Therefore Yamaha have got it wrong. Which is something that all manufactureers do at some time.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online