tdm speedo

twidge
This post is 6058 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi

i,ve just bought a 2001 tdm 850. the speedo reads in mph and seems accurate but the trip meter seems to read in kilometers. can i reset this to work in miles? either that or i,m getting 270 miles to a tank full.

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It is a cunning and deliberate ploy by manufactureers to make you think that you get good fuel consumption. The odometer and speedometer are not allowed to read under so they are made to read over. Most read about 10% over therefore you milage will read over.

In your case, assuming that you have not forgotten that you topped up the tank somehow, it does sound excessive. I would check it again.

It is a cunning and deliberate ploy by manufactureers to make you think that you get good fuel consumption. The odometer and speedometer are not allowed to read under so they are made to read over. Most read about 10% over therefore you milage will read over.

In your case, assuming that you have not forgotten that you topped up the tank somehow, it does sound excessive. I would check it again.

thanks for the reply but i topped the tank up when i bought the bike and unless someone breaks into my garage at night and gives me free petrol it is the only petrol i,ve put in the bike.

the point i was trying to make is there something daft like hold the reset button on the trip down while you turn the ignition on and of to switch between miles and kilometers?

Is it possibly a euro bike that's had the clocks changed? Or a converter fitted?

I would expect the speedo and tripmeter units to be changed together, not indiviually, pressing whichever button it might be.

Does the bike have a digital odometer?

hi martin

the plot thickens. i had a word with my local yam dealer and hey presto the bike turns out to be a german import. the speedo has a mph card fitted in place of the kph one and hence with it being an electronic odometer that bit still reads in kilometers.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online