new fz6 owner with question....

austin_0_4
This post is 6091 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys.

I just picked up a 2006 FZ6 with 527 miles on it for 4500$. Does anyone happen to know what sizes wrench I need for the oil plug and the filter cap?? Its not a size I have and I live in the sticks so I have to drive over an hour to get more tools. Also, if anyone has an advice on the oil change Id appreciate it! I'm new to the sport world, ive been driving an old kawasaki 1981 550 for the past couple years.

oooohh.. and i almost forgot. the clucth has about 1/4 inch play in it. when you pull the clutch in it goes just a little bit before it meets resistence. Should I have any concern with this??

Thanks guys,

Austin

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey guys.

I just picked up a 2006 FZ6 with 527 miles on it for 4500$. Does anyone happen to know what sizes wrench I need for the oil plug and the filter cap?? Its not a size I have and I live in the sticks so I have to drive over an hour to get more tools. Also, if anyone has an advice on the oil change Id appreciate it! I'm new to the sport world, ive been driving an old kawasaki 1981 550 for the past couple years.

My '07 FZ6 has a 17mm.

oooohh.. and i almost forgot. the clucth has about 1/4 inch play in it. when you pull the clutch in it goes just a little bit before it meets resistence. Should I have any concern with this??

Thanks guys,

Austin

I don't think so, that's just a little more than mine and you should be able to adjust anyway.

What part of the wold do you live in? I know companies often have different sizes for different parts of the world. My bike has both metric and standard on it(Gets confusing sometimes). While I think in Europe all components are metric.

5/8th is usually what spark plugs are in standard. Not sure on my bike because I haven't changed them yet.

Hey guys.

Thanks guys,

Austin

you need a 17mm socket ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online