buying from usa

Error
This post is 6136 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

quick question for ya , ive got a new r6 and some lady knocked me of it . i cant be arsed to wait for insurance to pay out so im thinking of fixing it my self . the quote from george whties in swindow want £4532.05 im like WFT . ive priced bits up and i can do it for around a grand . but ive seen a crank case cover on a web site in the us and its only £57 inc p&p .

but if i buy it when it gets deliverd will thay want loads of tax aswell? ive head things about this

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

quick question for ya , ive got a new r6 and some lady knocked me of it . i cant be arsed to wait for insurance to pay out so im thinking of fixing it my self . the quote from george whties in swindow want £4532.05 im like WFT . ive priced bits up and i can do it for around a grand . but ive seen a crank case cover on a web site in the us and its only £57 inc p&p .

but if i buy it when it gets deliverd will thay want loads of tax aswell? ive head things about this

I can see that I'm really gonna get really into this forum lark as its the third posting I ve done in last hour and I'm new to website and only back in the bike trade after a fifteen year absence.

Look chum dont do it. You are not stupid and they think you are. You simply dont charge tax on top of a quoted price which includes P & P The price should include any tax without any other bother.

Have the patience to trawl through the hundreds of breakers around the UK and do a honest deal and find out if any of the suppliers you settle on getting your part from are VAT registered and only deal with those on a UK phone landline and a traceable post code. Your best option will be to have the bike deemed a write off then find out which insurance storage compound the bike gets sent to. Buy the wreck back at a rediculously low price and start sourcing all the parts yoyu need to get it back on the road. Nobodgit.