Opinions on new FZ6 Fazer - Coming from R6 rider...

aroughcircle
This post is 6144 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone!

I am new on this forum, so will introduce myself:

My name is Ventzi.

Last year I bought 2 R6's (from a mate that did some racing) - A road bike, and a complete bike that needed alot of putting together (He had been taking bits from it as spares for his track bike)

Anyway - Both are the early carb models - the road bike being the updated model with twin rear lights, and project bike being a 1999 early model.

I loved the bike, and did alot of miles in a few miles - and quite comfortably did a bit of touring here and there - once even with the girlfriend and a set of soft panniers on the back!

Anyway - I sold that bike, and now need another one to do about 20-25 miles a day commuting and obviously weekend riding.

I would love another R6 - but I have been thinking about getting a new FZ6 Fazer - Yamaha are currently doing 0% finance on them.

I was just wondering if anyone has the 2006 or 2007 models - I know that Yamaha brought in the S2 for 07 - and now they have the S2 and a lower bhp model.

But I have found a bargain - a brand new 2006 model in black, for £4199, with the 0% finance.

Obviously, for a 2006 model, it isnt an S2 - but was wondering - in 2006, was there just the 1 full power model, or were there the lower bhp models?

I like the S2 - but to be honest, if I get this 06 model, I am saving around £1100 - which can pay for insurance, nice end cans, little mods here and there etc.

Anyone have the 06 model? Is it any good?

Cheers!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi everyone!

I am new on this forum, so will introduce myself:

My name is Ventzi.

Last year I bought 2 R6's (from a mate that did some racing) - A road bike, and a complete bike that needed alot of putting together (He had been taking bits from it as spares for his track bike)

Anyway - Both are the early carb models - the road bike being the updated model with twin rear lights, and project bike being a 1999 early model.

I loved the bike, and did alot of miles in a few miles - and quite comfortably did a bit of touring here and there - once even with the girlfriend and a set of soft panniers on the back!

Anyway - I sold that bike, and now need another one to do about 20-25 miles a day commuting and obviously weekend riding.

I would love another R6 - but I have been thinking about getting a new FZ6 Fazer - Yamaha are currently doing 0% finance on them.

I was just wondering if anyone has the 2006 or 2007 models - I know that Yamaha brought in the S2 for 07 - and now they have the S2 and a lower bhp model.

But I have found a bargain - a brand new 2006 model in black, for £4199, with the 0% finance.

Obviously, for a 2006 model, it isnt an S2 - but was wondering - in 2006, was there just the 1 full power model, or were there the lower bhp models?

I like the S2 - but to be honest, if I get this 06 model, I am saving around £1100 - which can pay for insurance, nice end cans, little mods here and there etc.

Anyone have the 06 model? Is it any good?

Cheers!

rode 06 last year for bout 6000 miles bike is very good you could get them for 3999 . 2007 s2 is the same as 06 model bar new swing arm comfy seat clocks fairing different engine the same. the uk is not getting the lower bhp option same as last yr 98bhp. and almost forgot new brakes on the s2 model.. a much improved model on an already good bike.

be careful with regards to the 06 model as lots of dealers still had 2005 models kicking around usually have silver engines and silver frames apart from abs model and a few black ones , 06 colours were lava red yamaha blue and towards the end of year black as yamaha ran out of faired models.. have seen a few dealers selling pre reg 2005 spec r6s for as little as £5000... happy hunting stueee

rode 06 last year for bout 6000 miles bike is very good you could get them for 3999 . 2007 s2 is the same as 06 model bar new swing arm comfy seat clocks fairing different engine the same. the uk is not getting the lower bhp option same as last yr 98bhp. and almost forgot new brakes on the s2 model.. a much improved model on an already good bike.

be careful with regards to the 06 model as lots of dealers still had 2005 models kicking around usually have silver engines and silver frames apart from abs model and a few black ones , 06 colours were lava red yamaha blue and towards the end of year black as yamaha ran out of faired models.. have seen a few dealers selling pre reg 2005 spec r6s for as little as £5000... happy hunting stueee

Cheers for the advice! I will have a look into that. I know that the bike has a black fairing, havent seen it personally yet so not sure on frame / engine colour.

I would love another R6, especially a fuel injected one, but so far the fazer is cheaper, (not by much for a pre reg 05 model r6), but I also do need the interest free option.

Plus the cheaper insurance etc..

The shop also have a 2006 naked FZ6 for only £3500, but no interest free option, so even with those looks....I wont be going for the naked!

I think I will go for it - I will give them a call tomorrow, and see if I put a deposit on there and then, will they throw in a few bits, like a free restrictor kit, jacket, alarm etc lol.

• 2 weeks later...

if i ws you i would go for the old model fazer,,,like mine,,,see the pic,,,,,very comfy,,5 bhp more,,and you can pick em up now for as little as £1500,,,,handling is better too,,with the right tyre,s,,,,so reliable too

if i ws you i would go for the old model fazer

Well, too late now!!

Picked my one up saturday! And love it so far. Though wouldnt mind making a couple of modifications:

• gel seat - for the longer journeys
  • brighter headlamp bulbs
  • braided hoses + sintered pads for a bit more bite
  • set of R&G crash bungs - always better safe than sorry!

Anyway - the reason I went for the newer one, is im coming from riding sports bikes, so I like the fact that you have to rev this one!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online