Wheels

festa
This post is 6169 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 4xv R1 that im turning into a track bike and have bought a set of wheels that i though were off an R1 but have since found that the rear is off a 98-00 R6 (5eb stamped on wheel ). The rear wheel sits in the swinging arm ok and the disc lines up ok as does the rear sprocket. Just wondered if it would be ok to use this rim as its only a 5 1/2 inch wide and the one on the r1 is 6 inch.

Has anyone done this before? Your ideas and thoughts on this please

Thanks Nathan

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have a 4xv R1 that im turning into a track bike and have bought a set of wheels that i though were off an R1 but have since found that the rear is off a 98-00 R6 (5eb stamped on wheel ). The rear wheel sits in the swinging arm ok and the disc lines up ok as does the rear sprocket. Just wondered if it would be ok to use this rim as its only a 5 1/2 inch wide and the one on the r1 is 6 inch.

Has anyone done this before? Your ideas and thoughts on this please

Thanks Nathan

i'd say if everything lines up ok and all the spacers fit fine, the disks line up with the pads exacty, and most importantly... the sproket lines up with the chain ok (check that the chain sizes are the same!! as a slight diference here could be a headache to say the least... you can find out off the internet from someone who sells chain and sprocket sets for yamaha's)

If all this is ok the it will be fine, the wheels them self will take the extra power without even slighty being bothered about it, (this i do know!) and the 180 rear on a r6 compared to the 190 on the R1 will hardly be noticeable (unless your planing to do a british superbike round on it soon?!? :blink: )

Let us know how you get on (just try her gently gently at first)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online