Hi ...

y2kclone
This post is 5978 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

:unsure: Hello !!!

I am new to this.

My name is Jim & I have recently purchased a DT125R to commute from Cambridge to Melbourn (in England), which is a journey of about 14 miles each way, in order to save my job as a Buyer for a roofing company ...

I am now waiting to do a CBT, such that I can legally ride - I used to ride a little Suzuki ER50 back in the early 80's, but that was a long time ago!!!

I am a little nervous & am in need of getting hold of some reasonably cheap protective clothing, i.e. jacket etc - does anybody haver any ideas in my area of England?

My bike is all black & looks & perfroms like a dream.

Please - let me know your thoughts or simply say hi :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: to the MadHouse Jim

Wish I knew which direction to point you regarding protective gear? :unsure:

But I'm sure somebody from your neck of the woods will be along to enlighten you. ;)

BTW.....All Black bikes are the Muts Nuts :thumb:

Here's mine......

420_006.jpg

:D :D hi and welcome dude :D :D

• 6 months later...

hey mate just saying hi lol!

cus i dont live any where nere u lol im from southampton, ur bike looks like itz a four stroke?? or is it air cooled 2 stroke lol??????

if ur guna get clothing, then go 2 an accessory shop it will be cheaper!!!

well take care on ya mean mechine lol

lloydy boi!!!

Guest stancamden

Hi and welcome to the site.

The cheapest (and largest!!!!) clothing I have found is from a company called Voto on e-bay.

Although the prices are bargain basement the quality is excellent. I hope they continue to exploit slave labour if they provide such outstanding value for money.

For example my gloves were £8, leather jacket and matching trousers about £75, but check it out for yourself:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/voto-uk-superstore

I have ordered a few items and each time the communication and delivery has been superb.

Infinity quoted me £300 to £400 for a jacket my size, Voto did it for a tenth of that price.

Hi Jim

Hope the commute is going well and you're still enjoying it.

I bought my clothing from a local bike shop which although is no good for you I thought I'd tell you what it was!! I bought an Ixon textile jacket and trousers, Forma boots and buffalo summer gloves and revitt winter gloves.

I had my lessons in the summer when it was pouring down most of the time and the jacket was excellent. It was only £70 and has the protection but I didn't want to spend a fortune incase I didn't take to it - I had never ridden a bike before my CBT. The jacket or trousers haven't let in any rain yet and the trousers have a liner which I'm wearing now!! Just put a few layers on under the coat. Did buy one of those Oxford wind and waterproof neck gaiter thingys which is also excellent although it does feel a bit odd (as I've only had it a week) when you're taking your life saver, it pulls down on your nose so I now only pull it up to my chin as it was getting on my nerves!

I've had to spray the boots with Nikwax as they have loads of seams on the front which let the rain in but that seems to have done the trick. Can't really afford to buy anymore at the moment.

My commute is about the same as yours depending on if I go the quick way down the motorway or the longer A road route!! I'm loving it and hopefully all will go well.

Good luck in your CBT, lessons and tests.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online