Fitting Akrapovic SP cans on my FZ6 Fazer

jim almighty
This post is 6170 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have got some Akrapovic SP cans and a K&N air filter for my 06 Fazer FZ6, just wondering if anyone could tell me if the ECU will sort out any fuel/running changes that occur from fitting one?

Someone told me he had a flat spot through the rev's after fitting an aftermarket can.

Also what is the best thing to do with the cat pipe? Drill it out, if anyone has done that, or buy a new one? I have purchased one in the past but it didnt fit.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jim

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

With those mods the bike will be running lean as there will be more air going into the engine than is needed. To sort this out you will need to buy a power commander PCIII and select a suitable map for it. These are basically plug and play so easy to install. As far as the cat goes the slip ons should fit straight on to it but I would personally go for a full system for better performance gains.

Regards

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online