noob question - is this a good project?

baco99
This post is 5917 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all - I am still pretty new to riding, just sold my 1989 Suzuki GS500E and I'm looking for a new project. I spotted this 1986 Yamaha FZ600 on CL, and I'm wondering if this is a reasonable project. I'm pretty good with carbs and other things mechanical.

Curious what you guys think for $250...

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/mcy/344039763.html

010103010202010300200706037cf5a04e5d5fb948a400a455.jpg

Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey all - I am still pretty new to riding, just sold my 1989 Suzuki GS500E and I'm looking for a new project. I spotted this 1986 Yamaha FZ600 on CL, and I'm wondering if this is a reasonable project. I'm pretty good with carbs and other things mechanical.

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/mcy/344039763.html

Thanks!

Does it run? If so I'd say it's worth a go for $250. Parts are somewhat hard to come by, unless you go through Yamaha. But for that kind of money you can surely put some into it and have a pretty fun starter bike. I sure like mine. I've been going through it bit by bit and learning how it comes apart and goes back together for future reference. Just get a Clymer or some type of manual and start into it.

• 1 month later...

Does it run? If so I'd say it's worth a go for $250. Parts are somewhat hard to come by, unless you go through Yamaha. But for that kind of money you can surely put some into it and have a pretty fun starter bike. I sure like mine. I've been going through it bit by bit and learning how it comes apart and goes back together for future reference. Just get a Clymer or some type of manual and start into it.

Any Pics?????

• 7 months later...

<a href="http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/mcy/344039763.html" target="_blank">http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/mcy/344039763.html</a>

Thanks!

yes well worth it if it runs i have a 1988 fz600 and love it brought it in mint but heavy wind knocked it off stand so i trying to find new fairing and clutch lever it is hard to find parts for it not evan yamaha have some of the parts it is easyer to get patented parts and they just as good if it dont run dont do it i only paid 400 pounds and it woz mint if dont run it not worth it the parts will cost more than the bike but if you like it and wanna keep it it worth it i gotta spend nearly 700 on new fairing and i dont regret that coz it a great bike just regret parking at the front and not the back like i usualy do i say give it a go if u gonna keep it but if for proffit than buy it and sell for parts or u will lose money on it fast

yes well worth it if it runs i have a 1988 fz600 and love it brought it in mint but heavy wind knocked it off stand so i trying to find new fairing and clutch lever it is hard to find parts for it not evan yamaha have some of the parts it is easyer to get patented parts and they just as good if it dont run dont do it i only paid 400 pounds and it woz mint if dont run it not worth it the parts will cost more than the bike but if you like it and wanna keep it it worth it i gotta spend nearly 700 on new fairing and i dont regret that coz it a great bike just regret parking at the front and not the back like i usualy do i say give it a go if u gonna keep it but if for proffit than buy it and sell for parts or u will lose money on it fast

Holy *!$#... Four words for you- Punk, chew, ay, shun. Try it, it's great :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online