Unleaded fuel questions?

This post is 6182 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have just aquired a 1973 CT3 175 Enduro from a friend. The bike is in near perfect condition with only 2,200 miles on it. It occured to me that back in '73 there was lead in the fuel. I have read a couple of posts using the search feature on this site but have not come up with a difinitive answer for a bike of this year and model. It would be a shame to damage a bike like this due to lack of knowledge. Should I be running fuel additives in this bike and what kind? I also have read that octanes were different. Is 93 octane and a booster of some sort recomended. This bike probably will not have a ton of miles put on it so the cost of fuel per gallon is not important. Protecting the motor is at the top of my priority list with this bike. Oh, and by the way, hello to everyone, I have really enjoyed poking around on this site.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the site mate.

I would recommend using a lead substitute to protect your valve seats.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online