DT engine swap

lorrymark
This post is 6185 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys, new to the board today!!!!!

I have a 1982 DT125 LC, with an engine, but no exhaust :( I have been given a head for a mk3 dt125lc that includes exhaust.

My main question is......................................

Will the mk3 head fit straight onto the bottom end of the mk1 engine ??????

I have tried to fit the mk3 exhaust onto my mk1 head but it doesn't feel like it should fit !!!!!!

I hope somebody has an idea on this, i'm not mega mechanically minded but hey i like to give things a go

Thanking u in advance

Mark

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Guys, new to the board today!!!!!

I have a 1982 DT125 LC, with an engine, but no exhaust :( I have been given a head for a mk3 dt125lc that includes exhaust.

My main question is......................................

Will the mk3 head fit straight onto the bottom end of the mk1 engine ??????

I have tried to fit the mk3 exhaust onto my mk1 head but it doesn't feel like it should fit !!!!!!

I hope somebody has an idea on this, i'm not mega mechanically minded but hey i like to give things a go

Thanking u in advance

Mark

Due to differences in compression ratio's, bore and stroke, water pressure, internal head shape, and possible nightmare with gasskets, i would really steer clear of this one mate, sorry to say but, you may do more damage than you fix

Sorry, Dave.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online