MT01

Boogie92801
This post is 6177 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi I don't know if there coming to the states but if they do you must get turns heads in spades and buying the extras for thes should be cheap for you as engine is based on the wildstar.....

Bonkers torque aswell will beat most sports bikes from the lights with a 155nm of torque as standard and with the yamaha cans loud as hell.

I do know that here in the UK we have a different version to the rest of Europe as we still run the 2005 model and Europe have an updated model (colours mainly but also with six pot calipers same as 2007 R1

Cheers STU :D

We didn't get the XV1700 Warrior so it's only fair that you guy's don't get the MT-01.

roflmao

i was gonna get me one of these, but after reading some road tests on the Mt01, i think i got away lucky.

so you want one do you?

you can have it m8

roflmao

i was gonna get me one of these, but after reading some road tests on the Mt01, i think i got away lucky.

so you want one do you?

you can have it m8

Should try riding one not listening to what the sportbike riding journos write in there in there sports bike mags...

makes an xjr1300 look tame :lol:

Guest Tantalus

Should try riding one not listening to what the sportbike riding journos write in there in there sports bike mags.

I concurr. <_<

If he had broader sense of adventure and had done a more comprehensive internet search it would have revealed some very good reviews from a great deal of 'suprised' journos. One of the 'Bike' magazine journos recently commented about how much he missed his MT01 from last year and I can't be bothered to post links to all the great reviews because he wouldn't be interested anyway...

It is most certainly a totally different style of riding to your normal sports bike and takes a hell of a lot of getting used to. You certainly don't have to play 'gearbox tennis' around the twisties like on a pocket-rocket, it's just a matter of rolling-on and rolling off, using the massive V-twin to the best of it's ability. ;)

I am still on a steep learning curve with mine, especially having come from a Honda 'Sixer', where it was all about the correct gears etc etc. I only wished I'd done my advanced cornering techniques course on this instead of the Honda; maybe then I wouldn't be such a 'fearty'... :rolleyes:

I concurr. <_<

If he had broader sense of adventure and had done a more comprehensive internet search it would have revealed some very good reviews from a great deal of 'suprised' journos. One of the 'Bike' magazine journos recently commented about how much he missed his MT01 from last year and I can't be bothered to post links to all the great reviews because he wouldn't be interested anyway...

It is most certainly a totally different style of riding to your normal sports bike and takes a hell of a lot of getting used to. You certainly don't have to play 'gearbox tennis' around the twisties like on a pocket-rocket, it's just a matter of rolling-on and rolling off, using the massive V-twin to the best of it's ability. ;)

I am still on a steep learning curve with mine, especially having come from a Honda 'Sixer', where it was all about the correct gears etc etc. I only wished I'd done my advanced cornering techniques course on this instead of the Honda; maybe then I wouldn't be such a 'fearty'... :rolleyes:

rock and roll have put the akro's on yours yet ? sound fantastic and with the single seat unit looks fantastic :lol:

I concurr. <_<

tried to get into mt owners website but would not let me in after registerd .

Guest Tantalus

Did you click on the link in the email that will have been sent ?? If you didn't get one just let me know the username you registered under & I will 'activate' your account from the control panel. ;)

Edit: B) No matter - I have found it and activated the account! See you in there!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online