"New" 2001 R1"

kdrags68
This post is 6189 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I want to know what everyone thinks if this is worth buying or not. I have found a 2001 R1 (today is 5/11/07) that has 2 miles on it and is being sold as a "New" bike. I have seen this bike up close and basically it is "forgotten stock" from a dealer. Here is the dilemma; Retail on a 01 R1 from Kelly Blue Book is $6300.00 in excellent condition. The dealer wants $8000.00 for the bike and they won't budge. is this bike worth 8k even though it is an 01 with 2 miles on it?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest Tomg

i wouldn;t buy it personally. i would spend the cash on anew one. howver the 2001 is a lovely specimen especially in silver and black. depends on the attraction of a "new" bike too.

for that kinda cash i would go for somethign much newer. the dealer is trying to sell it at list price and theres no way they should.

however if you really want it offer them 6000 for it. i would!! just be cheeky you never no what happens!!

I want to know what everyone thinks if this is worth buying or not. I have found a 2001 R1 (today is 5/11/07) that has 2 miles on it and is being sold as a "New" bike. I have seen this bike up close and basically it is "forgotten stock" from a dealer. Here is the dilemma; Retail on a 01 R1 from Kelly Blue Book is $6300.00 in excellent condition. The dealer wants $8000.00 for the bike and they won't budge. is this bike worth 8k even though it is an 01 with 2 miles on it?

hi he must be mad to sell for $8000 probably hoping so mad fool of a collector will pay him top dollar, if it was a 1998 red/white model then that is a diiferent matter as they seam to be fetching big money at the moment but you could probably get a 2004 underseat pipe model for that money.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online