1973?? DT 125?

Wes
This post is 4635 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone!

Newbie here, and glad to be riding again soon! From 1978-80 I raced a YZ125 in motocross, then sold it for an IT 175 a few years later, which I had for 7 years....So it's been a long time! At 45 now, I wanted a classic Yamaha enduro to tinker with.....

I just looked at a bike tonight that I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy. The guy said it was a 1971 125 Enduro that he bought for his daugter, but she doesn't like it! From what I can tell it's a 1973 DT125?

He has no title, so it's tough.....quite a few bikes I've looked at don't have titles! The bike really is quite nice for the price ($650), and everything works great including the electric start and all the light/blinkers etc.

It's just for my cabin up north, but I might want to title it for occasional street use (DMV said it was pretty easy to do).

Any thoughts on what this bike really is? Is that a fair price? What's the deal with all these off-road enduro bikes with no titles?

Thanks all, and I look forward to being part of the forum!

73AT3Yamaha003.jpg

Wes

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Looks like a nice bike, see if you can talk him down a little. I also bought a bike without title recently and I've heard its not an easy feat to get the title. I bought my xs400 with the intentions of teaching myself to ride, I only paid 100 bucks for it and its in pretty decent shape. What state are you in?

I live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and after some searching found this in regards to registering a bike with lost/no title: http://www.anubiscycle.com/lost-title-wisconsin.htm

I'm sure the process varies from state to state though.

I'm in Minnesota neighbor! Thanks for the info, I had a title issue on an old car once....Kind of a pain, but this bike is mainly for my summer cabin trails.

Cheers, Wes

Hi everyone!

Newbie here, and glad to be riding again soon! From 1978-80 I raced a YZ125 in motocross, then sold it for an IT 175 a few years later, which I had for 7 years....So it's been a long time! At 45 now, I wanted a classic Yamaha enduro to tinker with.....

I just looked at a bike tonight that I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy. The guy said it was a 1971 125 Enduro that he bought for his daugter, but she doesn't like it! From what I can tell it's a 1973 DT125?

He has no title, so it's tough.....quite a few bikes I've looked at don't have titles! The bike really is quite nice for the price ($650), and everything works great including the electric start and all the light/blinkers etc.

It's just for my cabin up north, but I might want to title it for occasional street use (DMV said it was pretty easy to do).

Any thoughts on what this bike really is? Is that a fair price? What's the deal with all these off-road enduro bikes with no titles?

Thanks all, and I look forward to being part of the forum!

PICS dirtbike001.jpgdirtbike002.jpgdirtbike008.jpgIMG] dirtbike011.jpgdirtbike004.jpgdirtbike003.jpgdirtbike005.jpgdirtbike006.jpgdirtbike012.jpgdirtbike010.jpgdirtbike007.jpg

Wes

I used to have a '73 DT125...but mine had a high front fender, a slip-on silencer that routed behind the shock....

an electric starter :huh: ...& the Enduro badge on the left side panel.

Could these be the subtle differences between the AT3 & the DT that year? :unsure:

Great little bike though.......got it to do 75mph once down a deserted road along the beach...

which I didn't think was too bad for it's age. ;)

BTW..... :welcome: to the forum guys! :)

Hey folks!

I made the guy an offer offer, and have the little bugger home with me right now! He still claimed it to be a 71, but I figured different and was right.....

He bought it for his daughter 5 years ago, and she drove it very little. The production was in 7/72, so he thought backwards on the year...oh well, he must not have needed any parts (even though they're probably quite similar).

It is a 1973 AT3....all original with 2400 miles, and runs perfect!

AT3 1973 AT1-200101 AT1-232651 Bahia Blue

Mine is AT1-206XXX

Thanks for the help, and I look forward to chatting in the future.

Nice job snowcat!

Wes

• 4 years later...

I must've got its 1st cousin... 2339 orig. miles, Bahia Blue just getting things sorted out...

A shame I'm unable to post my pics of the bike...

Kevin

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online