performance upgrade opinions

05ravenkid
This post is 6209 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi im new to this site i have a 05 r6, and the only performance mods on it, it a high mount leo vince titanium exhaust. i would like to do a few performance upgrades to get a little more torque, and roll-on response without dropping my top speed or runhin higher rpm's what do you suggest, how big of gains can i get from a pcIII? is it worth it? is the generic leo map good-enough? do you suggest a 520 kit? different teeth? k&n? not trying to do anything too radicle or spend too much money, but not a big deal. what do you suggest?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

One of the best mods and cheapest mods you can do is to drop 1 tooth on the front sprocket, makes hell of a difference for little pennys spent. You may find you lose a little top end, but its like 5mph at 150mph........

You really should have a performance air filter anyway, with a performance Can!! And there cheap enough anyway.

One of the best mods and cheapest mods you can do is to drop 1 tooth on the front sprocket, makes hell of a difference for little pennys spent. You may find you lose a little top end, but its like 5mph at 150mph........

You really should have a performance air filter anyway, with a performance Can!! And there cheap enough anyway.

dropping one tooth in the front, thatll give me better acceleration and torque right? should i switch to a 520?

thanks

sam

dropping one tooth in the front, thatll give me better acceleration and torque right? should i switch to a 520?

thanks

sam

Yes, you will gain quicker acceleration, mines 1 down on front and 3 up on back (goes like feck), and im running a 520 chain, the only diff over a 530, is gyroscpoic force, as its a thinner and lighter chain, it takes less power to turn it, not sure if you will notice a big difference, also you have to change boh sprockets and chain, so might be worth it if your changing all of yours soon.

hope that helps

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online