Brakes

skullarms
This post is 6156 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone knows the law on this, I have a TR1 (in bits) and when rebuilt did not plan on having a rear brake, is this legal?

Thanks in advance for any help

Depending a the law in your state.

I know in Indiana before you take your motorcycles test they check to make sure both brakes work

and also, You have to explain what the front and back is used for during operation(Driven)

For an example When driving a down grade do you use the front or the back? Rear unless you wanna flip.

Or if its a long down grade you use both because they get hot.

Same example When on a soft sholder(gravel) what brake do you use? It states Front unless you wanna spin out.

I use the rear sometimes both.

Unless your bike isn't street legal than HELLO its not legal .

In all respect I think I would of installed a rear brake over a front any day.

At less with a rear you can keep a willy.Lets see ya try to stop in the gravel at around 40mph

Or lets see ya stop on a front blow out.

I would like to see the Videos.

Personally I think that not having a bake brake is not legal and you certainly wouldn't pass the MOT test.

Having said that, the MOT is only valid whilst in the garage forecourt.

I hardly ever use my back brake but even so I feel more comfortable with it their.

If anything ask the old bill.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone knows the law on this, I have a TR1 (in bits) and when rebuilt did not plan on having a rear brake, is this legal?

Thanks in advance for any help

Hi

Iv had a full motor bike liscence since 1970. Back then one of the test questions was "how do you apply the brakes" answer was 60%front 40%rear the front for doing most of the stoping and the back to steady the bike. If the bike was turned out of the factory with a back brake and thats how the bike got its engineers cert.(it complies to safty stanards put in force at that time). So apart for your own safty, if you dont want to get knicked put it on.

chuffa

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online