de-restricting a bike.

fastbikes1
This post is 6188 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi, i have a dt50 mx, does anyone know how to go about de-restricting it???????

thanks.

technically your bike is not restricted, yamaha built these bikes to do 30(ish)mph (i had an rd50mx). you can however make it go faster by adding a few after market parts like:

an aftermarket expansion pipe, (like a "fresco" or "the big one") to improve gas escape.

a s+b or k+n filter, to improve breathing.

ledar kit (if you can find one) works in conjunction with the above two items.

hytech or similar reeds and open up the reed stops as far as the block will allow.

all this may or may not add 5-8 mph depending upon set up and sprocket sizes.

the best thing to do is get a big bore kit 60cc or 80cc this with the above mods can add 10-15 mph.

tuning is an option but for the cost on such a small bike is it worth it (unless you intend to keep it)(i have just bought a jap import 1993 jap import tzr50r 7.2 ps should be good for 60mph according to jap web sites its a project)

hope this helps you out just type dt50mx in google and surf around for the stuff ok

technically your bike is not restricted, yamaha built these bikes to do 30(ish)mph (i had an rd50mx). you can however make it go faster by adding a few after market parts like:

an aftermarket expansion pipe, (like a "fresco" or "the big one") to improve gas escape.

a s+b or k+n filter, to improve breathing.

ledar kit (if you can find one) works in conjunction with the above two items.

hytech or similar reeds and open up the reed stops as far as the block will allow.

all this may or may not add 5-8 mph depending upon set up and sprocket sizes.

the best thing to do is get a big bore kit 60cc or 80cc this with the above mods can add 10-15 mph.

tuning is an option but for the cost on such a small bike is it worth it (unless you intend to keep it)(i have just bought a jap import 1993 jap import tzr50r 7.2 ps should be good for 60mph according to jap web sites its a project)

hope this helps you out just type dt50mx in google and surf around for the stuff ok

thanks, v helpfull, what about fitting a racing carb?

cheers

thanks, v helpfull, what about fitting a racing carb?

cheers

a racing carb on its own will not really do much but in conjunction with a big bore kit (and set up right) could add a few mph (as well as eating more fuel).

hope this helps.

a racing carb on its own will not really do much but in conjunction with a big bore kit (and set up right) could add a few mph (as well as eating more fuel).

hope this helps.

cheers, im now thinking of putting a dt80mx barrel and piston, re-jetting the dt80mx's carb and getting some racing reeds, because the dt50mx and the 80 model shared the same framework, fittings etc, i also believe they shared the same gearbox so theoretically it should all fit.

thanks again.

HI, DOES THE DT50MX BARREL FIT ON THE RD50MX? JUST THAT IM AFTER AN RD50MX BARREL STANDARD IF I CAN

THANKS

in theory it should but the rd was a road bike the dt a trials, there might be slight differences in fin shape due to exhaust routing. basically they are the same engine.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, does anyone know where i can get a big bore kit, preferably 80cc to go on my dt50?

thanks.

try m+p motor cycle factors (google it)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online