FZ1 Power commander

Hux
This post is 6177 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Has anyone tried a power commander on an FZ1? I was hoping it would get rid of the on / off throttle snatch and boost the low down a bit but any feed back before I buy would be greatly appreciated as they aren't cheap!

Thanks

Hux

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

An FCE from Ivansperformananceproducts.com UK importer listed removes snatch and adds hp to midrange. all you really need. see yamahafz1oa.com for performance info, basically airbox, air filter, cat removal, slip on, with custom mapped pclll to get serious benefit. 07 is mostly yamaha fixed. Gearing is very tall. Going to 16 or 15 countershaft sprokets or 16-46 common.

• 1 month later...

Hux,

I had the same issue, evil throttle snatch when rolling off and on mainly around 4000RPM and higher. after my little reaserch and reading an article in MCN hunted for a new slip on with a link pipe that did not include the EXUP valve youll see is located on the link pipe. The can I went for was imported from Italy by Twin Shack and it was a HP Course. bearing in mind this is the only MOD on the bike at present I now no longer have any throttle snatch at all. My bike however does now need a power commander as it drops too much fuel in the pipes when I roll off at speed, now I will admit I had the baffel in to begin with but the engine did not breath right as the EXUP also helps to keep exhaust gas going the wrong way I took out the baffel and straight away bang my bike is picking up hell of alot quicker than what it used to and no flat spots!! but I will say the FZ1 running without a baffel and no tune up is very very loud.

so my opinoin a slip on + link pipe fixes the problem but to sort out your fueling you will either need a power commander or if your not interested in the power gains you can pick up Fuel Commanders for the FZ1 which i've seen on Ebay for i'm sure it was around £30 which are plug and play but I have no idea what they are like to use.

p.s DONT let anyone disconnect the EXUP electrically as the bike will have a fit and you may have a price fix involved. the servo that runs the valve is under the riders seat, take the cover off and it's just a little pully with 2 throttle cables on it just pop the cables off and and it really runs fine.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online