1974 DT175 contact points

burnout
This post is 5351 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I am in the process of installing new contact points on a '74 DT175A. I have purchased 3 sets of points for this specific model and none of them fit. The rubbing block on the points will not touch the lobe on the flywheel, hence, I assuming, incorrect points. (no bump, no intermittent spark) The engine is original, numbers match, and the flywheel numbers are correct for this engine. I have elongated the attaching hole, filed points metal for clearance and still no rub on lobe. Obviously, I haven't gotten to the timing or points gap, yet. Any help earns eternal gratitude. Desperate! Many Thanks!

• 2 years later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, I am in the process of installing new contact points on a '74 DT175A. I have purchased 3 sets of points for this specific model and none of them fit. The rubbing block on the points will not touch the lobe on the flywheel, hence, I assuming, incorrect points. (no bump, no intermittent spark) The engine is original, numbers match, and the flywheel numbers are correct for this engine. I have elongated the attaching hole, filed points metal for clearance and still no rub on lobe. Obviously, I haven't gotten to the timing or points gap, yet. Any help earns eternal gratitude. Desperate! Many Thanks!

you might have bought a set that doesnt fit your engine or the dealer sold you the wrong set. When i bought mines, on ebay, i had to grind a part of them since the flywheel could not rotate because of them.

anyway, you seems to know what you are doing, so i might be just wrong set.

Rapco

My DT 175 uses Part Number 443-81321-10-00, and the condenser is Part number: 277-81326-90-00 or Hitachi 617-214 the condenser can be hard to get, I have in the past fitted a condenser remotely under the tank, Hope this helps :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online