Yamaha help needed!

funky
This post is 6218 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey guys, i got a xj750 and every now and then it runs for a while then cuts off. i turn it on with the choke, as soon as i release it, it cuts off and then the bike wont start for a day or 2 even with the choke on. any ideas?

how do i increase the ticking over rate?

the engine is red hot after 30 seconds of the bike running why is this?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

it could be a lot of things, timing, lack of oil, carb, thrown a ring, by the sound of it its on the way out if its betting hot after 30secs, might even be in the throws of seizing who nows, if you find the source let me know

• 2 weeks later...

:offtopic:B) Sounds like Niddle Valve sticks

Also,sounds like someone tinkered with the float bowl

Or shit in the gas.

You Say it will run awhile then shut down then won't start for a few days.(Is it hard to start

as in shit load of kicks-turn overs before it will fire if so)

Will when it don't want to start try Pulling the plug and dump a little oil down the cylinder.

Then put the plug backin then try to start it if it tries to fire you got a bad ring..

could be head gasgit or oil pump.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds to me like you might have a vacuum leak somewhere. :unsure:

Which makes 'em hard to start & also get smokin' hot after a short period.....NOT good on pistons! :blink:

Possibly a head or base gasket could be the culprit.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online