fz600

rayxr4x4
This post is 6065 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi there, can anyone help me. ive got a 1988 fz600 what had a siezed engine, i was told buy a shop that a xj600 engine fitted so i bought a 1992 xj motor. to my dismay i found out it only had a single pick up after i fitted it. does anyone know how i can get round this, i was told that it could be wired up but when ive looked is a plug which is on the fz600 motor which went to the igniter but theres not one on the xj motor. could it be wired up tomy old harness or would i have to change to a xj harness, hope someone can help me

• 6 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi there, can anyone help me. ive got a 1988 fz600 what had a siezed engine, i was told buy a shop that a xj600 engine fitted so i bought a 1992 xj motor. to my dismay i found out it only had a single pick up after i fitted it. does anyone know how i can get round this, i was told that it could be wired up but when ive looked is a plug which is on the fz600 motor which went to the igniter but theres not one on the xj motor. could it be wired up tomy old harness or would i have to change to a xj harness, hope someone can help me

Hi there, having owned both bikes in the past i can say that as long as the engine configuration (the tilt of the head & barrels) is the same you only have to change over the ignition pick-up coils along with the back plates to overcome this problem.