spark problems dtr125

dtr_125
This post is 6301 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

there is a spark when the ignition is off but then when the ignition is turned on the spark goes thn come bk when turned back off, but to start u gota turn the key as u kick and it will start and stay running but if i turn it off with the key and leave it for 10 seconds it wont start and u gota turn kill switch to off thn kick the started 1'ce thn tunr kill switch back on thne kick and turn key and it will start and since then the indicators have stoped workin do you think this is related and more importantly any help with it, owt at all, any ideas jsut say cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i rang a yamaha dealership colin appleyard and they said it may be a faulty ignition barrel so ill have to take mine off and see what the connectors are like as im not sure what year the barrel is as the ones iv looked at have different connectors for different years

I found it really difficult to get an ignition barrel for my bike after it was stolen by some chavs. All the ones I got sold had the wrong connector block on the end of them. Ended up kind of bodging one on but it didn't do much except kill all the electrical functions (engine remained running).

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online