Shootin' The Breeze

blue2
This post is 5838 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just a general enquiry; I quite fancy a Bulldog ( NO Not the 4 legged kind you pervert!) The BT1100. Shaft drive, nice riding position, big Vee twin and shaft drive. Oh, did I mention Shat drive? I figure that when I retire next year, I've got one more long trip at least left in me and what better "Step-up" from my K Reg. XJ900F than the said doggie. The XJ's tank is in for some serious hole-mending while the weather tries to freeze the feathers off the local penguins, so my mind is increasingly turning to a route and what bike to use. Do any of you fine people ride one, or have any real time experience or opinions? Let's hear from all you big milers and Bulldog afficionados ! I have a lot of miles under my old saddle, but I would value more info on the Doogie as they just do not seem to be in the news or on the ground; not around here anyway. If you do ride in Winter, stay safe and enjoy the clear, crisp days that turn up ! Cheers. Blue 2 ;)

• 1 year later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just a general enquiry; I quite fancy a Bulldog ( NO Not the 4 legged kind you pervert!) The BT1100. Shaft drive, nice riding position, big Vee twin and shaft drive. Oh, did I mention Shat drive? I figure that when I retire next year, I've got one more long trip at least left in me and what better "Step-up" from my K Reg. XJ900F than the said doggie. The XJ's tank is in for some serious hole-mending while the weather tries to freeze the feathers off the local penguins, so my mind is increasingly turning to a route and what bike to use. Do any of you fine people ride one, or have any real time experience or opinions? Let's hear from all you big milers and Bulldog afficionados ! I have a lot of miles under my old saddle, but I would value more info on the Doogie as they just do not seem to be in the news or on the ground; not around here anyway. If you do ride in Winter, stay safe and enjoy the clear, crisp days that turn up ! Cheers. Blue 2 ;)

Well, what can i say! I'm a proud owner of the said hound and to be honest i'm not sure that i have a single bad word to say about it. i've done 350 miles in a day and when i got off didn't think twice about doing it again! although young i am lucky enough to have ridden many bikes from the xjr1300 to the spline tearing '08 R1 and many more but i still hold on to my beloved dawg!!!! i hope you have the pleasure of test riding one!

Take it easy

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online