TZR 50 Modding

tzrboy
This post is 5702 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

What can i do to my tzr50 (2004) to compliment a bore kit? I know its only a 50, but i jst want more out of it!!! So what can i do... and i mean i want to do evrything to make it fly as fast as possible!!!! Cheers, James

• 1 year later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What can i do to my tzr50 (2004) to compliment a bore kit? I know its only a 50, but i jst want more out of it!!! So what can i do... and i mean i want to do evrything to make it fly as fast as possible!!!! Cheers, James

James,

There are various things but to be honest it isn't really worth it. I'm getting mine soon and I'm just doing the standard de-restriction (washer out of the exhaust)

-Sports exhaust- You may get a couple more MPH at the top end but a decent one like the Arrow is around £170

-Sports air filter- Not going to make any noticeable difference except it may make the bike sound 'tinny'

-Racing reeds- Don't really know much about these

-Uprated clutch- Again, don't really know much about these.

-Sprockets- By changing the size of the sprockets you can either improve the acceleration or top end. Google it.

Thats about it really except for the CDI- something you might of heard about cutting a wire to de-restrict it 'even more' if you like but this is only for the 125 I think. Don't quote me on that though.

Remember as soon as you modify it you have no warranty or insurance.

Hope this helps.

Edit: I just searched TZR50 in the search menu- didn't know this thread was so old. The user has only had one post so I guess he's not using this forum anymore. Might be useful to someone else though.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online