New Rider

jayfr
This post is 6350 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello people, I am thinking about purchasing my first bike and have decided on a Yamaha R6. Can anyone give me any advice as to whether this is a good or bad decision? I am doing the direct access licence.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hiya, i am a new rider and have just bought a FZ6, i wanted a naked bike am absolutely love it, i am 27 so the insurrance wasn't too bad (under £300 a year TPFT from H&R insurrance in aberdeen). Plus with around 90 bhp it is plenty fast enough at the moment!!!

sorry dont really know about an R6 for a first bike, would have thought it would be faster and probably not as easy to ride as a FZ6 but i would go for a ride on one and see how you get on.

good luck

Iand

Hello.

Y not, i wouldn't go buying a brand new one tho for the first ride @:) be gutted if u drop it. But I brought a cbr 600 sport on an 02 plate and I had never been on a bike before, passed my test and i was off. Just be careful still mental power for anyones first ride.

hello people, I am thinking about purchasing my first bike and have decided on a Yamaha R6. Can anyone give me any advice as to whether this is a good or bad decision? I am doing the direct access licence.

dosn,t matter what the bike is throttle goes both ways,just comfort comes into play

dosn,t matter what the bike is throttle goes both ways,just comfort comes into play

Go for it son.

I passed my test on my first bike ( NSR 125 ) then went down to Portmans in Guildford and bought an brand new FZR 600 R. It was the best thing I did, never had a close call and it was a good bike to improve on.

Go for the R6, its got the power , brakes, handling etc. lay down as much power as you want and can handle.

Damo

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online