Tuning advice needed for 01 R1 please

Spondon
This post is 6370 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello

Just joined forum. Based in Ireland. I'm looking for some tuning advice please.

Have a stock 01 R1. I want to give it some power gains.

I wanted to get advise on the following:

1. Best method to beef up the spark, i.e. what coils? maybe taylor plug leads, iridium plugs??

2. Change end can only, which would be loudest & give most bhp gain?

3. Want also to smooth out the throttle by fitting a dynojet kit + k & N filter, + of course dyno time to get it all running smootly.

So in a nut shell, beef up the spark, add end can, fit dynojet kit + K&N filter.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Spondon

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Spondon,

I'v got a 2001 R1.

got standard leads and plugs on it ( not expensive ones)

It has been dyno jetted, has a K&N filter and a harris high rise race can on it.

On a dyno run it made 151 bhp on the crank, 143 on the gear box and 138 on the back wheel, it also made 184 mph.

How does that compare with yours? if yours is better then stick with it the way it is , if not try doing what my bike has had done.

Cant tell you what my bike was like before the work was done as i bought it with all the bits done, but i am thinking of getting full race headers fitted or maybe taking the exup valve out to see if it makes any differance on my bike, if it does i'll let you know. Tony

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online