cant get seat unlocked on radian

spakerd
This post is 6081 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all, new to this forum thanks for your time. I just bought a 1986 yx600 radian. pretty good shape, but the seat wont unlock, preventing me from opening it. i've tried wd-40, key wiggles back and forth, can hear lock mechanism moving under the seat, but it wont unlock. Any ideas?

• 11 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have an 86 radian too, and the seat wouldnt unlock for me either. WD-40 wont do the lock any good it dries up inside there. Use Marvels Mystery oil or graphite. The oil worked best for me but if its real bad try the graphite.

Hello all, new to this forum thanks for your time. I just bought a 1986 yx600 radian. pretty good shape, but the seat wont unlock, preventing me from opening it. i've tried wd-40, key wiggles back and forth, can hear lock mechanism moving under the seat, but it wont unlock. Any ideas?

I dont know much about your bike butin the past I have had seats that will not open if the forks are locked hey its worth a try

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online