YOC 2020

Cynic
This post is 1299 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Salt and nasty will be gone soon enough, time to start looking at options for this year.

Maybe kevs back garden so he has a better than even chance of finding it?

Suggestions..

• Haha 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

We’re always going to have the issue of people being able to travel, but a couple of suggestions:

Lake District
Kielder Forest

• Like 1

I was thinking more north, be nice to get john into the mix without him needing a 7hr trip.

Have never been to the lake district, well, have in a truck, through it often, but that hardly counts.

Yes, somewhere north works for me too. We might even be able to get Jimmy to join us along with John [emoji846]

My only bike related jaunt in the Lakes was a leisurely ride up to Scotland for some wild camping. It was a very foggy and cold October on my Street Triple and I spent most of the time trying to find a suitable roadside wall I could jump behind for a wee haha [emoji23] it was an agonising ride over every bump. You men don’t realise how good you’ve got it!

• Like 1

I was watching The Pennine way ,, what lovely little villages and roads   in that series,  runs up to the borders,  .. just thrown this in ,⛺ ,,

• Like 1

Don't care where we go, after all the work I have done on the bike I just want to go! Give me a map reference and I will meet you there. 😃

• Haha 3

55.94N 004.86W

Not a grid reference but a Lat/Long. You'll find a cup of tea waiting for you 

• Haha 1

Thought you lived further North than that.

Dunno why I thought you were further up. Fort William around the lochs.. 

On 2/28/2020 at 10:28 AM, jimmy said:

Gourock, on the South side of the Clyde 

and very nice too

• Like 1

11 hours ago, drewpy said:

and very nice too

When I have been that way in June. Yes. I would argue the toss in January. Esp with a good blow on. Christ on a stick the wind of the Clyde could cut glass this time of year. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Cynic said:

When I have been that way in June. Yes. I would argue the toss in January. Esp with a good blow on. Christ on a stick the wind of the Clyde could cut glass this time of year. 

Indeed mate. I drove launches, but occasionally used to be out on a Rhib in the middle of winter, and by eck it was cold. I drive a desk now, so look back with rose tinted glasses thinking it was a great job, although it could be cold on a Launch as well at times                                                                                                                                                   

Jimmy-oot-in-the-cauld.jpg

• Like 1

I’m up for this, as I’m new when is it usually held? 

I’m up for the lakes, I rode a bit around the Windermere area and the roads were pretty decent. However, that was last season before all the ‘salt & nasty’, storms and snow... 

but happy to travel to any new place, just want to be out on the bike! 

• Like 1

No confirmed date as yet. I would hope we are early this year and do another later on. 

We have done it every year for... Bloody el. Like 10 years, maybe more. 

Welcome to tag along. We ride to the slowest bike, power wheelies and donuts don't figure it's not THAT kind of bike group.

We have a laugh, ride and a pie and a pint at the end of the day and leave as we find. 

6 hours ago, Cynic said:

No confirmed date as yet. I would hope we are early this year and do another later on. 

We have done it every year for... Bloody el. Like 10 years, maybe more. 

Welcome to tag along. We ride to the slowest bike, power wheelies and donuts don't figure it's not THAT kind of bike group.

We have a laugh, ride and a pie and a pint at the end of the day and leave as we find. 

has it been that long?
I've only missed one I think at Squires due to work commitments over the weekend. Mind you the weather was shite.
Some great moments though and I loved last years meet

3 hours ago, drewpy said:

has it been that long?
I've only missed one I think at Squires due to work commitments over the weekend. Mind you the weather was shite.
Some great moments though and I loved last years meet

I know shocker, I have done every single one too. Does that make me sad or committed, need to be committed, don't know? 

Think we really should aim for 2 this year though.

Hey Brigden  where are you"  exactly ,,  as were thinking your area this year,,,  😎

I’m up for this, as I’m new when is it usually held? 

I’m up for the lakes, I rode a bit around the Windermere area and the roads were pretty decent. However, that was last season before all the ‘salt & nasty’, storms and snow... 
but happy to travel to any new place, just want to be out on the bike! 

The more the merrier! It’s a small, but fun group. I’ve not made it to all of them (like Cynic) but did last years which was in Wales. Amazing weather and great roads. I was the “tail-end Charlie” on the rides and captured some footage -

Anyway we camp (though a nearby B&B is always an option), ride, eat, drink and have a good old laugh.
  • Like 2