Y.O.C. 2018 meet,

This post is 2109 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

There seams to be more action on here lately,  Hows about our meet this year,   since Squires is wearing thin,  ,  i"d say,  about mid summer,  and then you can still do Squires, if you want, ., discuss,  B)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think the aircooled rally has to be worth a look. 

Its more yamaha centred too.

• Like 1

I don't mind when or where, as long as there's more than 2 of us lol

Just a thought but I belong to the N.A.B.D or National association for bikers with disabilities, they hold a rally every year lots of beer large tented area usually a stage or two and LOUD bands. This is the website address if your interested, http://www.nabd.org.uk/ it does cost £30 for the 3 days though. this year it's at Knutsford  WA160HJ south of Manchester.

Oh and it is in May 11th -13th.

Otherwise go to the www.thebikerguide.co.uk they have most of the rallies in the UK listed with info and prices.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Luckily I have never needed NABD, but over 20yrs ago a friend of mine had a very serious accident where he lost his right arm and right leg. He fought back from this and with the help of NABD he still rides daily (obs with a sidecar fitted). I feel like a right prick when I see him out on his bike in the middle of winter whilst I'm cosied up in my motor

• Like 2

9 hours ago, slice said:

Just a thought but I belong to the N.A.B.D or National association for bikers with disabilities, they hold a rally every year lots of beer large tented area usually a stage or two and LOUD bands. This is the website address if your interested, http://www.nabd.org.uk/ it does cost £30 for the 3 days though. this year it's at Knutsford  WA160HJ south of Manchester.

Otherwise go to the www.thebikerguide.co.uk they have most of the rallies in the UK listed with info and prices.

• Could be good but a bit close to home for me only about 15 miles away, although I already have a few bike things going on this year so means I could make it without adding more nights away which gives Mrs xs one less reason to pull faces.:eusa_dance:
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, finnerz89 said:

I don't mind when or where, as long as there's more than 2 of us lol

Amen to that.

9 hours ago, slice said:

Hmm, have been to a couple of these, one, at Jodrell bank was the wettest rally i have ever attended bar none.

It rained, that has to be an understatement of biblical proportion. It just didn't stop from starting off to when i got home, proper pissing it down too.

If your calling the food at squires you better prepare for the catering at a full rally lol. Afterwards a pot noodle will seem like haute cuisine. Oddly, i can not actually recall what i have eaten at a bike rally. Probably for the best.

• 2 weeks later...

As long as I can have a drink and go for a ride out with you lot I'm happy . 

aw don't I sound a right  soppy git.

2 hours ago, up.yours said:

As long as I can have a drink and go for a ride out with you lot I'm happy . 

aw don't I sound a right  soppy git.

I think that's the key, going for a ride out. If we go to a rally, isn't just eating ang boozing?

The ride out's are the one of the best bits and then the craic afterwards regailing our near death experiences on the said ride out :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drewpy said:

I think that's the key, going for a ride out. If we go to a rally, isn't just eating ang boozing?

The ride out's are the one of the best bits and then the craic afterwards regailing our near death experiences on the said ride out :D

Ok then, to take this one step further. Are there any bike pubs out there that allow camping on/adjacent to their grounds that are in area's worth a ride. I know of 2 site's in North cornwall that will let you camp all you like (single sex groups etc) for a few quid. Bit of a trek for that one although i want to do at least one in the summer, always wanted to ride to lands end. Soft i know but hey.

There must be plenty more. There are a couple in Northants but its been a long time since i used them, roads are nothing special either. Further east is better but that's Lincolnshire, they got a serious hard on for anti speed policing.

plenty of sites here

http://www.thebikerguide.co.uk/bikerfriendlycamping.html

just need to pick an area which has good roads. I took Tommy down to pick up his bike, Bishop castle. amazing roads round there

That's the thing, now the tricky part.

When and where, some folk are happy to travel, Jimmy and Drewpy as an obvious ex, others not so much eh Kev and how far north or south.

I know things get killed by committee but lets be honest. There will be maybe 10 of us tops.

What are the favourite spots, that are reasonable travel.

Ill start of with the peak district, i like it and was there last weekend at the Snake Inn:wavey: wish Squires did food like theirs.

12 minutes ago, Cynic said:

That's the thing, now the tricky part.

When and where, some folk are happy to travel, Jimmy and Drewpy as an obvious ex, others not so much eh Kev and how far north or south.

I know things get killed by committee but lets be honest. There will be maybe 10 of us tops.

What are the favourite spots, that are reasonable travel.

Ill start of with the peak district, i like it and was there last weekend at the Snake Inn:wavey: wish Squires did food like theirs.

Cracking Sunday roast at the snake Inn!

So what are we doing then? I personally would like somewhere with at the least food and a shower. Peak district sounds ok and the west country would be fine as well. Let's have a vote if someone will offer a few spots and we can pick the one that most folks like. We could go to the Donnigton park circuit for a run round if we go to the Peak District..!

Peak District is fine by me, only down the road! I'll have a look and see if I can find somewhere

53 minutes ago, up.yours said:

I know my own way to Blackpool, when I get there which way do I turn to get to the peak district 

Ride in a Northerly direction along Blackpool prom until you get to the North Pier, then turn sharp left.....Least that's what the satnav burd says  ;) ;)

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, slice said:

So what are we doing then? I personally would like somewhere with at the least food and a shower. Peak district sounds ok and the west country would be fine as well. Let's have a vote if someone will offer a few spots and we can pick the one that most folks like. We could go to the Donnigton park circuit for a run round if we go to the Peak District..!

sounds good to me, but my calender is filling up fast