XJ600

j2000uk
This post is 6525 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All.

Can someone help me, I have a xj600 1990 with only 12000 odd miles on it and its now running poorly,

I've put new plugs and air filter on but with no joy.

It seems to be chocking up with fuel and missing after about 15 mins of running and wont tick over.And then fails to re start.

The carb are clean and fresh petrol.

I can clean the plugs and the next day it starts but all of above happens again.

Anyone out there with any idea of whats wrong.

Thanks

Jon

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have one but dont have any helpful hints im afraid. I know this is lame but try lubing everything on the bike that moves like throttle cable and grip even though it may seem good it may be a bit gritty. Sorry not much help mate.

I have one but dont have any helpful hints im afraid. I know this is lame but try lubing everything on the bike that moves like throttle cable and grip even though it may seem good it may be a bit gritty. Sorry not much help mate.

Hi, I have tried freeing light oil on the hole carb as i took it off, cleaned then put back on and still the same after say 15 min's of running,Throttle is free but note what you say and will try anything. Thanks mate safe riding, look after it as dont want you to get same prob. <_<