Yamaha aerox spark issue

Kyej
This post is 1968 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there

i have a Yamaha aerox yq100 I had this running and on the road for a few weeks one day I popped home on my dinner break went to leave again to go back to work and it wouldn't start what so ever and has never had a spark since. I changed a lot of parts on it and still no joy just had someone test round a few bits and said the regulator/ rectifier was the issue I changed it today for a brand new one and still no joy! :(

ive changed the :

cdi unit

ht lead/ coil lead

stator plate/magneto pickup

regulator/ recitifier 

spark plug

battery

pratically everything to do with electrics and no one seems to know what the issue is I'm in need of getting it back up and running for the end of the month as I'm moving further away from work and will need it for transport, I'm on the verge of just scrapping it or torching it it's had a lot of engine work done to it also and about 5-600 quid chucked at it 

someone please please resolve my problem I will be so grateful!! :(

thanks

kye

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds like you have been used as a cash cow.

Anybody actually checked the loom. Or the ig and kill switches.

I certainly have lol the bikes had hundreds spent on it and I'm still walking to work lol 

I've printed out the electric section from the manual to check all round the loom etc I did have a bad crash on it when I was on the road and the wiring loom actually snapped in half near the forks I had to sit there in agony and rewire the bike but I've checked where I did that and it doesn't seem to of broken or anything again 

also the aerox doesn't have a kill switch it's fine by key but someone else said it could be the ignition cancelling the spark acting as if the ignition is off  

thanks for getting back to me

kye

Is the bike turning over when you press the starter switch. Have you tried jumping the starter relay

• Like 1

is it those ones where you have to pull the brake lever for it to start?

possible contact or switch faulty if it is

• Like 1

It's turning over without a fault I haven't replaced the solenoid but didn't think it would be that at fault as my starter motor is spinning over and yes it is one you have to pull the brake on to start it 

• 1 year later...

Has an Aerox 100cc that I do not get any spark on everything else, electric start flashes, brake lights etc

-Following is done
- New ignition plate
-Testat 3 different cdi boxes revolve 2 new one original
-Ny sparkle hat
-New spark plugs
-Collad and measure the ignition coil it works.
-Redged flywheel
- Check for cable break the entire system
-Entered engine to frame
- Tested with new ignition lock

Engine purchased from Germany and loaded on a Yamaha Aerox 49cc

All tips welcome ?

PM OR IN THE THREAD?

@Kyej how did u solved your problem?

regards