Rimlocks on road dt175mx

Simon46
This post is 2657 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can I remove rimlocks for innertube on a DT175mx rim as its a counterweight effect and really bounces. I only ride on road. Will the grommet hold the tube in?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hasn't affected mine in the slightest. You want to put a grommet in the hole though to keep crap away and water out.

Is there a part number.? Got genuine takasago rims. 

Excellent! Many thanks Airhead. 

Did you find after removing rimlocks the road experience was smoother? 

much better without them Simon...no neeed for them at all unless your doing off road with reduced pressures, you can also balance your wheel a little if needed with those weights that clamp around a spoke nipple, dunno if you can still get those though?

I used plumbing solder.

Wheel off the ground. Gently spin it. Let it find its natural rest. 

Get the solder guestimate at how much but start heavy 20g say?  Twist onto a spoke at the highest point.

Gently spin again. Trim the lengt of solder or add even ising other spokes as req till the wheel stops randomly.

Now weigh the solder and buy the weights or just twist the solder tightly on the spokes.

You could also remove the wheel and have it balanced comercially.

• Like 1

Good, and yet obvious once you hear it, tip, there mate. 

Never really balanced a bike wheel, and never noticed much of a difference from tyres a shop has fitted

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online