Chroming Headlight Bowls

numptydog
This post is 2703 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ladies\Gents

I forgot how rubbish 80's lights were back in the day until I got caught unexpectedly out in the dark on the 2MG, the one with only one candle up front - talk about scary! So bought myself a US spec twin candle job on ebay, for cheap.  Someone had run it with 60/55 bulbs rather than the 35/35 that it was designed for in the US, but a mate got the glass off the front (good old John) without breaking it to see for any damage.

Not excessive, some small heat damage at the top and general pitting and scratching.  Probably be OK as is actually, but must have good lights (already got the 35/35 HID Hi/Lo kits) just in case I get caught out again.  And if I'm this far in, might as well do a proper job.

So, to the question - anyone got any experience of good suppliers that can chrome plate or chrome spray or vacuum coat the original plastic bowls?  To a nice shiny finish, better than a Halfords rattle can

I have whacked off a few emails tonight to various suppliers, but would be keen to know if anyone has any good experiences of this type of work

Cheers,
Julian

IMG_5691.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online